Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Reading

I love reading. The biggest problem with it though is that I find it addictive. Once I start I have trouble stopping. I don't read unless I have lots of time to spare. I good example of this was the first time I read Harry Potter. I remember picking up the first book while I was staying with a friend in Ireland. I had a couple of days to spare have my usual book-phobia. I picked it up about 10pm and then stayed up until I'd finished it about midnight.

Luckily I read fast.

I've read a few books since I've been in Aus and recently, since the death of my laptop, I've decided to catch up on the rest of the Harry Potter series. This week I read the last one. Even by my own standards, that one was completed very quickly. It took two days of bus journeys which for a 700 pages book is simply ridiculous. Incase anyone else is as far behind as I was I wont tell you who dies.

It was pretty good though. I've also read all of Ben Eltons recent stuff and I've now begun "One flew over the cuckoos nest" which seems to be utter shite. I'm not good at classic books.

1 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

I just finished The Eyre Affair by Jason (?) Fforde. It was very good :-)

12:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home