Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Time to be healthy and rather safe. Again.

Yup. Another post about my works over zealous Health and safety guy. I can't remember if I told you about this or not, bt the health and safety guy has started weekly fridge inspections. There's huge sign on the fridge warning us that Fridays are "Fridge inspection days" and as such any food in an unmarked container, or beyond it's expiry date will be trashed.

The thing is, people have taken to taking the piss about this. Everyone seems to store the most minging, gone-off food they can find in their own fridge at home and bring it into work. And the poor guy hasn't sussed it yet. i was in the kitchen the other day and hear him note in disgust "OH MY GOD!! This yoghurt expired in Ausgust 2005!!!!" I meakly said "I thought you done these inspections weekly? I'm not sure I want to use the fridge if you miss stuff like that...?" He went nuts.

I've got a can of tomoatoes in my fridge at home which are moudling nicely. They'll be placed in our work fridge on friday. I'm such a child....

While whinging about H & S I must also mention a new folder that has appeared. The afore mentioned guy has placed a binder in reception asking for everyone to report any potential Health and Safety issues. So far I'm the only person that has used it. It's completely anonymous as you can guess by the nature of my entries:

i. The paper we use is too white. Yesterday I took my notepad outside and was completely dazzled by the sun reflecting off the page. I almost stumbled into the road and was nearly hit by an oncoming vehicle. I view the use of this paper as highly irresponsible and request it be changed as soon as possible.

ii. The lid of the fax machine is unnesecairly heavy. While attempting to transmit a document yesterday the lid slipped from my grasp and trapped my left hand in the machine. I was trapped for close to 2 hours before being rescued by a passing secretary. This issue needs addressing.

iii. Coffee is ideally served at 85 degrees. The new machine in the development kitchen seems to produce steam in excess of 95 degrees. I find this excessive heat to be a danger to all users. Recently I was almost blinded by this contraption and request its immediate removal.

iv. The mouse attached to my computer is optical in design. This means it uses a bright red light in lieu of a rolling ball. If the mouse falls to the ground and I look down at it the intensity of the light is almost blinding. Could I please request a dimmer optical mouse?

The saddest thing is I'm willing to bet he takes them all seriously....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home