Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday 13th doesn't have to be bad

I woke at a friends house after way too much alcyhol. I still felt pissy. And I was due to see a client at 9am. I had a coffee and decided to go directly to the client - he knows me well so I figured it wouldn't shock him too much.

I sorted his problems and agreed that S and I would have dinner with him on Sunday evo. He works in the same industry as her and he's now branching into the Aus market so I figure they'll get on pretty good.

I then went to my parents place and wasted time/worked until it was time to go and collect S from the airport. I know I'm a disorganised shit when I'm travelling so I shouldn't confess this but I was actually really worried about her. I think it was the SMS she sent that said “What do I do if I miss my flight?” I just spent the afternoon wishing I was with her and pacing around looking at my watch ever grateful that mainland Europe is an hour ahead of UK time.

When she finally landed I met her at the airport, went back to my parents place, she showered and we were out again. More friends to meet, more things to do.

I had a great time but I was a little worried about two of the friends I caught up with - I could tell things weren't quite right in their lives and that's always sad. One confirmed he'd just split with his girlfriend, the other I'm not sure about but I suspect it's the same. You know how you can just tell when people aren't themselves?

Things we done:
Missed S. Done work. Missed S. S told me she wanted more 'pain au poulet'. Stopped missing S. Saw friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home