Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Settling in fine

Today we awoke at my friends place and then caught the train (yep, with our bags and all) to my home town. We then needed to catch a bus to my parents village. Being my home town the bus timetable had of course been vandalised and then stolen. We visited my old company office and abused the internet facilities to check the bus times. We then managed to catch a bus and rock up to my parents joint without any drama.

My sister and niece visited which was excellent. After family catch up they took S & I back through to home town. I needed to do some shopping. It's mums birthday tomorrow, hence my timing for this trip. I needed to buy a gift.

We went to a pet store, we went to tourist shops, we viewed the town. I didn't buy a gift. I didn't feel guilty. Our family are very lucky, we don't wait for special occasions to buy one another gifts. If I spot something I think someone will like I buy it and give it to them. It relieves the pressure of buying something at birthday and Christmas. This applies to everyone I know. So if you know me personally and think I've missed a birthday or Christmas gift then....well....that sucks eh? Believe me, when I spot something for you you'll get it. But I'm not gonna buy you some shit just cos 25th December or your birthday is approaching.

A prime example occurred today. I was shopping for a gift for mum but I spotted something I knew my father would like. So I bought that. Go figure.

We went out for a family dinner at a typical UK pub. One that I chose because it was near a place I wanted S to see. Yeah, it was more ancient stuff. In this case the remains of a town about 2000 years old. I like ancient stuff and aussies don't have much. Also, being pretty ancient myself I can relate to it...

We slept at my parents place - so glad they have two spare rooms now....

Things we saw:
Roman ruins, beautiful scenery, UK town, UK tourist mecca, UK traditional pub (with peacocks), more family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home