Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Boy Treats

I had to take the day off work today because I was feeling crook. I can't stop shivering. And it's not just due to the Antarctic weather conditions we're suffering at the moment, I have a stinking cold. Grrr. I hate being ill.

I stayed in bed all morning and slept most of it. I just woke occasionally and drank another glass of OJ. About 11am I was woken by my doorbell. I ignored it. Rings again. I ignore it. Rings again. I ignore it. Rings again. I get out of bed feeling very pissed of and ready to deliver some good old fashioned British violence to my antagonist.

But it turned out to be my first treat of the day. It was persistent postie. He was stood at my gate with a box clutched firmly before him. I signed for it and discovered one of my wonderful readers from US had sent me a gift. It was a box and favourite American lollies/candy/sweets. Thank you very much you lovely girl! You shouldn't have paid that much for postage though, that's a fortune!

I was still feeling shit so I went back to bed. I woke again about 2.30 and decided I'd better go into the city to do some stuff. I needed to:

- post a package to afore mentioned reader in US
- post a package to a Canadian reader
- open another bank account
- buy a step ladder
- buy some light bulbs (yeah, I'm living in darkness at the moment cos 3 light bulbs have blown and my ceilings are too high to reach and my real estate is a wankpot)
- buy a mic (I've signed up to Skype and my lappy mic appears to be knackered)
- buy a bluetooth adaptor or card reader so I can get pics from phone to PC

I got to city and opened the bank account first - that was so easy, only took 10 mins. I went to the post office and Q'd for 25 mins. Only once I got to the counter did I realise I was a total twat. I hadn't bought the goodies with me. I had both addresses but nothing to send to them. What a fucking idiot. I told you I was crook today.

I went shopping and then got more treats. I went to "Hardly Normal", the PC store over here (well, ok, it's actually called "Harvey Norman" but you know, this is Aus) It went like this:

Me: "G'day mate! I need a way to get photos from phone to PC. I'm thinking bluetooth receiver or multicard reader?"

Store guy: "Well, here's a card reader, $29, bluetooth receivers start at $70"

Me: "Easy decision! I'll take it. Now, I also need a cheap and nasty mic - cheapest shit possible"

SG: "We dont sell nasty stuff!"

Me: "Bollocks! But never mind, cheapest then!"

SG: "This one is $9 and...."

Me: [interupts]"Done. I'll take it."

SG: "You're easy to deal with mate!"

Me: "Yeah, I know. Oooh, what's that?!" [points to "mid year specials" offers on Sony cybershot cameras]

SG: "Those are excellent. This one...."

Me: [interupts] "That one please! The 7.1 megapixel"

SG: "You know, I'm going to give you that mic for free. This has been too easy!"

I left the shop after about 6 minutes of entering with new digi cam, mic and card reader. And it all cost me AU$210!!!! What a fucking deal!

So I'll be back to posting photos real soon! Yey!







1 Comments:

Blogger goblinbox said...

Hey, the post started off sad with the cold and all, but ended great with the NEW DEVICES! YAY!

Get well soon. *smooch*

6:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home