Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Burger that!

As many of you are aware I work for an engineering company that has projects running all over Australia.

One of our biggest projects threw a BBQ to celebrate 1 million hours in 2007 without a Lost Time Injury. Some fucking idiot was splitting up frozen burgers with a knife and managed to stab himself in the hand. Was off work for two days!

I asked my boss with a totally serious expression “Should I add RBRI to our Job Hazards, Health and Safety database?”

“RBRI?” asked my boss

“Yeah, ‘Random Burger Related Injury’….”

He wasn’t bemused!

Addendum:
I sms'd this story to a couple of people before blogging it and someone who shall remain nameless (You know who you are!) said "what kind of company celebrates no injuries?"

Well, 1000000/24=41666 days
41666/365=114.

So it's like one person living for 114 years without an accident. That's pretty amazing really isn't it?

(I'm not bitching W, I just hadn't realised quite how impressive it was myself until you implied it wasn't! You know I love you loads! And this post was too short!)


2 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

The irony! Too funny.

2:20 am  
Blogger Only me said...

vuboq: Yeah, I'm warped like that too!

3:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home