Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Clothes for that money should be able to clean the house

I had an online chat with one of my lovely readers today. I am now more scared than ever of girls shopping logic. A bikini for AU$330? Because "it's an amazing colour" What the fuck?! I wouldn't care what colour it is, for that money it should be able to fucking change colour!

And realising my shock my dearest friend attempted to try and give me cardiac arrest by telling me her about the shoes she likes too. Any male readers, please take a seat.

US$470 / AU$552!

Choke! Splutter! Cough!

What the hell can't you do with a pair of $5 thongs and a pair of DM's? Oh. I confess. I also have a pair of worky shoes and some trainers. But all up my entire footware collection costs about AU$250 and I seem to survive travelling the globe, partying, relaxing, hiking, driving and any other little thing fate decides to throw my way so far.

One of my ex girlfriends had a "thing" for shoes. She collected something like 100 pairs. But so far as I'm aware, none of them cost anything like that. In fact, she worked in a shoe shop so half of them probably either "walked themselves" out of the back door or were offered at huge staff discounted rates so it's almost understandable.

Am I the only one to be so shocked? What's the most you or your partner has ever spent on shoes?

2 Comments:

Blogger Two Cents said...

I resent being referred to as a "reader" lol ... but yeah, blog talk :p

The bikini is pure amazing. Trust me! ;)

6:03 am  
Blogger just me said...

470 US is a little high for me. I love shoes myself but I think the most I have spent is about 270-300US.
Hell I think I sent close to 200 on a pair of DMs. GRanted they are red velvet, but still.. Love shoes!

As or the bikini, screw that I won't bother with anything much over 30-40 cause they freakin fall apart and get pulls in them and stuff.

Some commie invented the damn thing for you bastard men so that you can almost see total nudity, so what are you bitching about!

11:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home