Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to the UK we go....

Today is UK day. Time to fly to the opposite side of the world with S. S has never travelled overseas before and, in the grand scale of things, hardly knows me. Her knowledge of me is predominantly based on info from reading this blog. Would you want to entrust yourself to my travel skills? Nah, didn't think so. Yeah, I think she's nuts too.

Nonetheless, I wanted to ensure that the journey, at least, was as peaceful and organised as it could be. But then I got a call from my ex-neighbour. He came over last night and much merriment ensued. I promise I was going to pack my stuff and be organised. That really was the plan.

Plans are meant to be broken though eh? We rocked until about 2am and then I went to bed.

I was woken by a trady at 8.30am. I needed to shower, prepare, pack, tidy the house and leave by 10am. So I done the only logical thing. Made some brekky and went online. I hate to be rushed in the mornings.

I finally got my arse into gear and called a taxi about 9.45. While he was on his way I packed and showered. The tidying had to be forfeited.

At the airport S and I were queuing for check in and I couldn't help but laugh when she showed me her change purse. She'd been given some Euros by a work colleague and had split them into denominations and bagged them separately. I found this amusing and began to joke about it. Until the refrigerator shaped gentleman in front of us turned around and grunted "I've done that too....:"

Yes mate. Yes S. It's a great idea. I wish I'd done it too. Please don't break me....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home