Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I'm sorry!

Huge apologies for not updating much recently. This is largely due to the fact I've done almost nothing but work. I know that's a shocker for a lazy fucker like me but it's the truth. I've been packing in 14, 15, 16 and 17 hour days. I had a bit of a break at the weekend but only to cram in some shopping time in the city to buy essentials for the imminent UK trip.

It's now 10pm and I've finished work a bit early cos I'm so knackered. But tonight is the last time I go to bed with the plan of getting up and going to work in the morning. Tomorrow is last worky day and then we're off to the land of rain.

I'm really looking forward to seeing my family and friends. Two different friends are flying into the UK the day I arrive to meet up with me. How nice is that? Especially as at the moment the UK is on critical terrorism status and the public are being advised to avoid airports unless totally essential. Talking of this, amazingly, a guy was arrested here in Brissy today in connection with the recent London and Glasgow bombings. Weird.

I have got one quick story which could annoy two girls very much. On Friday evening I didn't think the weekend was going to be that worky so I went to the local Blockbuster and got out the special of the week - 7 DVD's for $10. I had grand plans to veg in front of the TV all weekend.

Firstly, this will annoy S because she's lent me a huge pile of DVD's and I should really be watching those instead of the crap I got out. Secondly this would really annoy TT as she was always complaining that I never had the patience to watch one DVD in a week let alone 7 in one weekend! But although I've given TT the address to this now I don't think she reads it.

Now for the worst bit. The DVD's I got out were utter boy trash. But with mainly a common theme - can you spot it?

i) Bottom (British comedy starring Rik Mayal and Aid Edmonson)
ii) Life of Brian, Monty Python
iii) Little Britain Series 1
iv) Little Britain Series 3
v) Kevin and Perry go Large
vi) The longest yard, Sandler
vii) Top Secret (James Bond type spoof?)

I've now listened to all of them except 6 & 7. I watched 6 and 7 hasn't seen the light of day. There was a hint there. Listened. Yup, I'm preparing for my UK trip by listening to as many poms as possible. Lots of my friends in the UK are already taking the piss out of my Aussie twang of an accent so I'm listening to as much British stuff as possible to soften it. I'll piss on their bonfires....

Anyhoos, I'd better go, my eyes are drooping. I promise I'll do my best to post something tomorrow but it's washing, drying, packing, state of origin, tidying, entertaining a guest evening too. I don't make things easy on myself do I?

And then on Thursday morning it's 10 hour flight, 3 hour transit, 14 hour flight time. And cos of all the shit going on in London we're not taking the underground and hanging around for 3 hours waiting for a train, I've booked a hire car from the airport. No lectures on the wisdom on flying around the world, hopping into a car and immediately negotiating Europes busiest motorway and driving 140 miles to old home please. I'm a big boy, I've done it enough times now :)

Hope to post again, but otherwise I'll say hello on the other side, where the water goes down plug holes the other way and it rains lots...






4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

2:13 am  
Blogger Z said...

Welcome to rainy Blighty!

10:34 pm  
Blogger Jen said...

I love Little Britain, though maybe don't use Vicky Pollard as a model to reclaim your accent :P

Have a nice (and safe) trip back to the UK :)

8:07 am  
Blogger Two Cents said...

OH! You have LB series 3???!!! I am dying to see it... I only have 1 & 2 on disc :)

12:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home