Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Nottingham

After a very late (not our decision) and not overly cheap (we were not involved in this decision either) breakfast we rocked into Nottingham city centre. I love Nottingham. I'm not sure why exactly, but it's always been one of the very few cities I'd actually be happy to call home. Although I still loved our visit I was a little surprised to realise that I think it's lost this status in my opinion.

I still like it, I still feel quite at home. But it's not mine anymore. I feel like a visitor. OK, sure, I always have been as I've never lived there, but it felt different. I was tempted to visit "The Down Under Bar". The "Aussie" pub. I've never been there, but seriously I felt tempted to go and get a pot of gold. That's bad isn't it?

We saw the sites and then headed back to home town. Well done matey from Ireland. I slept most of the way home - I'm glad you didn't. We then got a bit of a second wakening and decided to visit another "homeland" friend. We were staying at my parents place again so I seized the opportunity to do a little worky work. I figure it's the least I can do as the friendly people there are approving my timesheets even though I'm working from afar....

Things we saw:
Notts city, Notts castle, Trip to Jerusalem, fucking lincolnshire, erosion in action, a few friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home