Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Monday, May 08, 2006

naughty naughty, very very naughty. Why do I feel so bad?

It's been a bit of a screwy day. Went out and played pool yesterday as planned and it went bad. I played awfully but it was more about the beer than the pool to be honest.

After that we went back to friends house. I'll call that friend LB, she's the lesbian one. We watched a really crappy dvd, Dukes of Hazard. It really is as bad as all the critics say. I can't even remember the story line, not sure there really was one.

I left there about 11pm and headed for the train station. Have you heard of happy slapping? It's when kids/teens beat up someone and film it on a mobile phone. I heard a group of 3 lads and 2 girls planning to do it at the station. Their plan was to throw an old ladies dog onto the train tracks in front of the train I was waiting for. Nice eh?

Having overheard the plans I simply couldn't do nothing. I approached the group and said that I thought it was a bad idea. They didn't like that it led to me scrapping with them. I'm not a violent person but I can look after myself. My biggest fear was that one of them would produce a knife or something, so I went for an approach that's worked for me in the past. I went for the biggest one, with the thought that he was probably the "leader" and with him out of the way the others would lose some faith.

The plan worked, I was scrapping with the biggest one when one of the others managed to kick me in the ribs. It really annoyed me that they were being so unfair and I lashed out and broke the big guys nose. That shocked the one who'd kicked me and as a result he got a shove too. Sure enough, this had already made the girls and smallest lad run off.

I spoke to the lady on the platform and apologised for the incident. She'd heard the kids talking about throwing her dog on the trainline and she had been crapping herself. She bloody thought I was one of them until the incident! She'd already dialed the police on her mobile and they turned up at the same time as the train.

They got onto the train with us and took statements. It's all cool, they appreciated my efforts which was a relief. Over here it's really easy to get arrested for defending yourself so I was glad that everything was ok.

Since I got home I've been feeling guilty about it though. I'm not sure why, it was hardly my fault. I've spoken to a couple of friends and they've both said I didn't do anything wrong. Why do I feel guilty about it? How would I have felt if I'd done nothing and they'd thrown the dog? I'm sure the guilt of doing nothing would have been worse. But on the other hand he was only about 20, and now he's gonna have a bust nose for the rest of his days. Two wrongs don't make a right do they?

Anyway, that was last night. The screwy theme continued today. I got up and chatted with tt on messenger. That was the only normal part of the day. Early afternoon LB turned up and we went to the pub again. Yes, again. It was a country one this time and we chatted to some tourists and answered all their questions about various things to do in the area. It was time well spent as they bought us lots of beer in thanks.

Went out for a walk about 11 tonight, to see if any bars still open. Almost immediately I met someone I've not seen for years. Not a very nice person, a drug dealer I know from years ago. He was high on something or other and desperately trying to get his filthy hands on £15. How sad is that? I wont go into details, but it wasn't a very pleasant time. I've just flushed 10 ecstasy tablets down the loo.

Going to bed now. It's been a screwed up weekend.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home