Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Wasted breakfasts and not much else besides...

I woke up just too late for breakfast which is a shame for two reasons:

a) I'd already pre-paid for breakfast
b) I had dinner in the restaurant last night, and for a Brewers Fayre it was actually ok, if bode well for a decent breakfast!

I hate to think how much money I've wasted over the past 2 years or so by pre-paying for breakfast and then missing it. At £7 a go it's got to be a couple of hundred £ which is worrying really!

(Excuse me. Some one is playing a didgeridoo outside my window! Seriously! Tewkesbury Travel Inn and someone's playing a bloody didgeridoo! - brb, I've got to see this...!)

Anyway, back to wasted breakfasts. Sometimes people ask why I pre-pay when it costs the same to just go down in the morning and pay on the spot. The reason I pre-pay is that otherwise I'll wake up in the morning and think "Do I fancy breakfast or should I skip it and lay here for another half hour?"

Invariably I choose the latter cos I've got very bad eating habits. But, if I've already paid, then I force myself out of bed and go to eat. I'm tighter than I am lazy!

So, I missed breakfast this morning and as I didn't have to see any customers until just after midday I spent the morning chatting with tt on microsoft web messenger. Web messenger is a bit crap, it often fails to deliver messages for long periods (half an hour!) leading to both parties thinking they're being ignored by the other.

It was a pleasant way to spend the morning. Then I drove to see client near Pontypool. That was tedious, I was there to deliver some training but the trainee was very odd. She wanted me to go through the simplest parts in extreme detail and very small steps while she noted everything down very slowly. But then, at the more complicated procedures she just nodded and said "Yeah..." in athat'sts obvious, I wont make a note of that" kind of way.

After that I took a slow drive to Tewkesbury. It seems a pleasant enough town although I'm in a Travel Inn again, and a little way out of town centre. I was planning to go into town earlier, but I really can't be bothered. Sorry Tewkesbury, it's nothing personal.

I think the M5 motorway must be thquietestst motorway in the land. I drove along it today and betweejunctionon 3 and 1 I wasn't passed by a single vehicle, and I only passed one pick-up truck. And this was about 5pm.

And another bonus, I've got free internet access at this Travel Inn. They don't have the usual swisscom system, they've got a home grown one, and it's not overly secure. Tee hee.

I'll probably not post for a couple of days as I'm off to a wedding in Nottinghamshire tomorrow and probably wont be back for a couple of days. I predict beer in ridiculous quantities and a sore head upon my return. Have a great weekend y'all, if you're near nottingham leave a comment and I'll tell you where all the free beer is at....

Woke up: Wales
Went bed: Tewkesbury
Done: 120 miles (I'm a slacker today!)

Double take at life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home