Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Borough councils - gotta love them

After arranging the meeting with the bank yesterday I decided to sort out some other things that are pissing me off too. Below is a copy of the complaint letter I sent to town council earlier.

"To whom it may concern,

I moved out of [previous address] on 11 November 2005 and informed yourselves the next working day which was 13 November 2005. I made my last payment on this property on 8 Nov 2005.

Despite informing yourselves of this move I’ve continued to receive bills.

I spoke to Miss X in your offices on 23 March 2006 about this problem and she confirmed that I was not liable for the bill and should ignore the letter.

I then got another bill. I spoke to Nicki on 10 April 2006 and was told again that it was sent in error and to ignore it.

I then received another bill on 2 May 2006 and called your offices again on 3 May 2006. Once again Miss X has told me to ignore the bill.

I would like someone to confirm in writing that I am not liable for this bill and that you will stop sending these bills to me immediately.

This matter has already taken far too much of my time (three telephone calls each taking well over half an hour and several shorter) and the time to write this letter.

I've enclosed an invoice for £125. As detailed, this is in respect to time spent on the telephone and writing to you.

I await your rapid response, payment and apologies,

Faithfully,



[x] "

I'll let you know what the response is.... Sorry nothing of more interest


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home