Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

cob with that, duck?

I actually woke in time for breakfast today! I didn't get to sleep too early last night, so I got up, had breakfast and then planned to go back to bed and take advantage of the 12 midday checkout. That never happened though, once I'm up I'm up. So to speak.

tt was online, so we chatted away for a couple of hours. tt is overseas at the moment, and I can't be with her right now, so that's about the next best way to spend a morning.

I then drove up to Nottingham which was pretty uneventful. Lots of "Average Speed" cameras on route. They are horrible things because it seems the average british driver is incapable of understanding what they are.

I lost count of the number of people tailgating me, trying to get me to drive faster than the limit. Don't these people understand that you CAN'T speed between the cameras and not get caught? That's the whole idea of it nob-heads! Please go and get speeding tickets elsewhere weirdos.

It's been good to see my friends again. They have three daughters and one son, I'm here for the oldest daughters wedding. The middle one is already married and the youngest isn't quite old enough get married.

We've been out to the pub and consumed moderate amounts of beer. Not too much because we've got an early start in the morning. Someone on the street has unsecured wireless internet so I've been using that to check my mail. For some reason I can't sleep. Why does that always happen when you've got an early start the next day?

And why are kebabs so good when you've had beer? The police could use that in leuie of a breath-tester:

PC: "Evening sir, I pulled you over because you were swerving a little in the road. Have you been drinking?"
Guy: "[hic] No occifer, of coursh not...."
PC: [Produces donna with chilli sauce and form] "Sir, could you tell on a scale of 1 to 10 how appetising this kebab looks?"
Guy: [dribble, drool] "Ooooh, that looks soooo good....."
PC: "Ha ha! You're nicked sunshine...."

I'm going to bed now. The title line relates to the kebab shop btw, It's a standard question at every food takeaway in Nottingham. It translates in English to "Would you like a bread roll with that mate?"

Woke up: Tewkesbury
Went to bed: Nr Nottingham
Done: 'bout 120 miles again


Double take at life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home