Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Time for bbq, burgers, beer, etc!

It's not over yet, it's going to be a good day, I've decided! Didn't feel so good this morning though - I figure it could have been:

- "more than moderate" amounts of beer last night
- Sharing a j with some complete stranger in the hotel carpark last night
- Getting about 3 hours sleep for the third night in a row
- Not eating anything since kebab on Saturday night

For once I actually paid for wireless internet access at the hotel this morning. The security was pretty good and as I wanted to get on the road I figured it would be easier to just pay rather than break it! Didn't get to speak to tt though unfortunately, I later discovered she was seeing a friend for the bank holiday. With that option gone I just headed home. Still missing her lots since the wedding, can't wait to speak/chat with her.

The journey home was long and tedious, single carriageway crap roads almost the whole way. I am very grateful to a driver who flashed me on the A47 though. I'd crept above the 60 limit and was going about 70 just before he flashed me. I slowed as I went around the sweeping bend straight into the rays of about a million police radar guns. There must have been almost a dozen coppers stood in this lay-by, all pointing guns at the same point on the A47. Perhaps it was a training day or something.... But anyhoo, cheers unknown-flashy-driver-person, appreciate it.

Only just got home and immediately got sms from a local friend inviting me to BBQ. I'm in the mood for being social, so I'm going. The only thing that worries me is that it's hosted by a lesbian friend of mine, and I suspect most of the guests will be girls. Tragic eh? TT knows that I'd die before I was unfaithful to her, so I'm sure she wont mind me going. She's asleep at the moment, so I can't even sms her just to check. Sure I don't need to, she knows I love her more than life itself...

Enough soppiness - to the BBQ, burgers and beer!

Woke up: Somewhere in Derbyshire,
Going bed: Prob home, or somewhere close by
Done: 170 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home