Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Annoying habits

Everyone has worked with coworkers annoying habits. Normally they are the most frightful people that make your work day hellish.

I have an unusual siuation. I have one that is usually very talented and does a very good job despite two very annoying habits.

He's programmer and is bloody good. I speak to the clients in human, find out what they want, convert it to nerd talk, tell him, and he delivers. It saves me doing the actual programming myself cos i'm busy working on all the more exciting stuff such as snoozing in the secret office.

His annoying habits are getting worse though. One used to be interupting everything I said with "Yeah, I know". This haas now become so severe he appears to have no other vocab left:

Me: "Morning mate! How are ...."
Him: "Yeah, I know"
Me: "Ummm, ok. How did you get on with last weeks project? Did you sort..."
Him: "Yeah, I know"
Me: "I fucked three chicks last nig...."
him: "Yeah, I know"

The only way he can communicate is if he starts the conversation. See the above if I walk in maintaining silence:

Him: "Morning mate! How are you?"
Me: "Pretty good mate, I...."
Him: "Yeah, I know"
Me: [teeth grind, remain silent]
Him: "Last weeks project went well, I only had one slight problem i couldn't sort"
Me: "Well done! What was the bit that you couldn't ...."
Him: "Yeah, i know"
etc
etc
etc

I now only communicate with him via email.

BUT. He has another habit.

Tossing oranges.

Not tossing as in wanking, but throwing. When he's deep in thought (Trying to think of verbal human talk other than "Yeah, I know" no doubt) he leans back in his chair and throws an orange upwards almost high enough to touch the ceiling-but-not-quite and then catches it. Then repeats. About five or six times in a row, then puts it down and gets back on with his work.

I wish I could lower the ceiling by 2 inches so next time he does it he shatters the fucing thing over his workstation.

As you can tell, I find his [can't think of word] annoying, but i honestly like the guy.

Today though, i got stressed and he added to my annoyance. Sorry. I turned to him and said..... :( .........

You realise I could replace you with a fucking tape recording and a fucking orange on a piece of elastic?

I went for a smoke to chill and then apologised of course. I told him I was actually really pleased with his work and that i'd try to be more tolerant in future.

The fuck-wit threw an orange in the air, caught it, smiled and said "Yeah...I know"





3 Comments:

Blogger goblinbox said...

Wanking an orange would be funny, actually.

5:50 am  
Blogger How do we know said...

can i PLEAASE email this story to ppl around? no links to u if u wnt to remain anon...?

4:00 am  
Blogger Only me said...

Ms goblin: If it was a jaffa it would be seedless

how do: Of course you may, linky love is always appreciated :)

8:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home