Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Special Agent 009

A couple of weeks ago I realised my rent has gone up by 11% in the time I've lived here. My pay however, hasn't changed. Most likely because when I began work it was only supposed to be a 3 month contract and hense we hadn't negotiated any rise scheme.

However, despite my "unique attitude towards work" I have assumed and performed more duties and built client confidence. I hate to think how much money I've saved the company but I know it must now be running into $m's.

So, rarely one to be shy, I called my agent and told him he needed to negotiate a raise for me. He said he'd apply for 5% which would most likely get knocked down to 3%, would that be acceptable?

Although I like my agent I gave him rather a serve and enlightened him to some expletives he didn't know even existed let alone could be strung tongether into a two minute barrage of insults culminating with me saying I'd remove myself from his books immediately and find someone else.

Although he only takes 1% of my wages I'm still a nice little earner for him and he didn't like the idea of that.

He called today to tell me although the company policy was to never increase pay by more than 5% pa he's negotiated me a 9% raise effective from today.

Woot. That means I can take 9% more vay kays with no loss in earnings! (See? Unique attitude!)

See what can happen when you put your mind to something Mr Agent?

Te He.



4 Comments:

Blogger R said...

Congratulations on your new content warning, by the way!

11:42 pm  
Blogger Jen said...

Nice work, 9% is pretty decent!

Hurrah for anything that leads to more holiday time.

6:39 pm  
Blogger Only me said...

Racho: 's awesome eh? Speech time: "I'm so proud to win this warning. I'd never have been able to do it unless I was a complete cunt. I'd like to thank...."

d'jen: You're still alive! That makes me happy, was getting concerned. Decent enough for me and better than 3%. Keep in touch 'k?

1:31 am  
Blogger goblinbox said...

Nice work! Buy me something!

11:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home