Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Thursday, February 07, 2008

That'll fuck 'em

Earlier today my hifi suddenly went silent. I walked inside and discovered the volume display showing 0. "Hmmmm. Odd" I think and turn it up again.

Two minutes later it went silent again. I went inside and the same thing had happened. "Ah." I think and I fix it.

How did I fix it? Well...

Back when I was a scallywag I had a great idea for being an arse. I bought one of those "control everything" remote controls with an auto set-up feature. Then I'd walk around the static caravans in the holiday park in my village at night time, point it through the window and take control of peoples TVs.

I'd change channels, adjust the volume etc as they were watching and cause all sorts of confusion.

I remembered this in a flash. So I put a small piece of package tape over the remote control receive without even looking out of the window at my neighbour who was prolly hiding by then anyway.

I've not had a problem since.

This is why the expression "set a thief to catch a thief" exists.




2 Comments:

Blogger R said...

Ha! That's cheered me up no end.

Some little shits were doing that from outside Boy's shop the other day and annoying all the customers... Quite ingenious of them really!

3:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah ha! So he's instigated a duel has he? I don't fancy his chances of winning a duel of the dastardly cunning variety. I know who my money's on! (she works nights at Missy Elliot's bordello). In addition, I'm willing to bet that you'll whoop ass duelling your neighbour. I pity him already!

5:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home