Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Friday, February 01, 2008

A most bemusing day

Sorry for not posting much, I've done nothing but work recently. Things have been hectic.

Today my "manager", the one that daren't talk to me because I scare him, overheard me on the phone to a coworker. Specifically he heard me talking about one of our clients and me saying "Yeah, they've got a new IT guy and he's complete cunt".

When I got of the phone this convo occured. Bless his little cotton socks:

So called manager: "Ummmm. Did I hear what I think I did?"
Me: "Errr. Dunno? What did you think I said?" [genuinely]
SCM: "You called one of our clients a word I can't repeat"
Me: "No. Definately not. I called him a 'cunt' not 'a word I can't repeat' "
[phone rings]

That made me giggle. A few minutes later, despite closed door I caught the end of a conversation in boss's office

SCM: "But it's disrespectful! You really should say something"
Boss: "It's the way he is. We're never gonna change him"
SCM: "I think it's wrong"
Boss: "Everyone here loves him. He insults them to their faces and they just laugh. It's just part of his character. He's a mate to everyone"

I wonder what on earth they were talking about? He He He. Go boss.

Later on I was on phone to another person in the company and trying to work out where the hell their office was. In the end I said "I'll ask [boss], he knows which bits of the building I know" and left it at that. I asked boss and being a wise arse he replied "Downstairs". I turned around to him and said "For fuck sake mate! You're as useful as mud flaps on a bloody tortoise!" SCM almost fainted but boss and everyone else just laughed.

I think I've made an enemy with SCM.

Later, something else happened. I can't really talk about it on here. But it was extremely funny. Chicks can be very possesive eh? Oh, I'm giggling thinking about it :) Sometimes they shock me by being even dirtier than me too....








5 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

you're so bad.

4:14 am  
Blogger Two Cents said...

I know what you are talking about! He he he!! :)

11:08 pm  
Blogger Two Cents said...

PS - Hi VUBOQ! :)

Looking forward to DC!

11:11 am  
Blogger Only me said...

Mr v: But loveable with it....

2c: How do you know? Oh wait. You done it. Te he! Still giggling dirty girl....

9:27 am  
Blogger goblinbox said...

I'm similar. I say whatever the hell I want, and people laugh. I once called a customer a bastard, and he upgraded. And management loves me too, usually... one time a customer called to narc me off and my boss said, "She makes us more money than you do, so go ahead and cancel." It was a wonderful day.

I might take a page out of your book though and start saying 'cunt' more often.

7:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home