Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Real Estate



G'day Twinkies, Happy Friday!


If any of you ever decide to move to Brisbane contact me and I'll tell you the real estate not to use. Mine.


They continually screw up, they always have and probably always will. I've learnt to just deal with it now as thankfully I don't have much communication with them.


However, when my power went out last week I had to call them. After going through the procedure of unplugging every device in the place (You don't realise how many there are until you have to do it) and additionally isolating every circuit I called back and confirmed there was definately a problem.


Well, that's all history now, but yesterday I had to pop in to re-sign my rental renewal. And I had to come face to face with a woman that I despise. My personal property manager. She's a cow who I've only ever dealt with on the phone. She states her preferred method of contact is email but there's no point as she deletes all incoming mail. We've had several phone confrontations in the past.


I decided I'd try to smooth things over by thanking her for sending the sparky over to sort the problem last week. Her response?


Bitchy Realtor: "Too easy, I just sent you the bill"


Me: "Huh? Why? It wasn't my fault?"


BR: "I warned you that if it turned out to be one of your appliances at fault you'd be charged"


Me: "I DID CHECK ALL THE APPLIANCES! AND I ADDITIONALY ISOLATED EACH CIRCUIT! I CALLED YOU BACK TO CONFIRM THAT BEFORE YOU ORDERED THE BLOODY SPARKY!"


BR: "Well, it says on his invoice 'unable to rectify fault' so that means we have to pass the bill on to you"


Me: "That's BS. I agree he couldn't rectify the fault but that's because he identenfied it as being the cable coming into the house"


BR: "You should have checked that"


Me: "Oh really? I should have gone out and started dismantling a 1000 volt supply unit covered with signs saying 'warning! High Voltage' and 'Property of Energex, unauthorised entry prohibitted'?"


BR: "Well....um....you should have called me for advice"


Me: "I bloody did! You sent a sparky!"


BR: "Ignore the invoice, we'll send it to the property owner instead"


I thought "But it's not his fault either!" but said nothing. We signed the paper work and I said bye. She didn't reply. Fucking cow.

It's no wonder she's in a bad mood though, she's obviously had no bed action for a million. She's too fucking ugly. Look up "ugly" in the dictionary and you'll find a picture of her then you'll know what I mean.

3 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

I'll keep that in mind for when I move to Brisbane. :-)

12:51 am  
Blogger Only me said...

Vuboq: I knew you'd move here soon enough. I'm just irresistable eh?

1:21 am  
Blogger dykewife said...

seriously, you need to find a new place to live. take it from someone who's still having issues with the old landlord.

10:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home