Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

My wacky life



My power has been failing intermittently for a few days. After much strife I managed to get the real estate to send out a sparky.


He turned up and within 5 mins he was demanding to know where his beer was and whether I had any "wacky weed". I gave him a beer and apologised that despite my legendary entertainment skills I couldn't provide him with a joint. (Yes, this was a complete stranger working for a large "reputable" aussie company.)


At this point he got more serious about his job. He looked at my switchboard, told me it was fine so the supply to the house must be fucked and that I needed to call the power provision people. He explained that the people I'd speak to on the phone would be "cunts" and versed me in the best scam to get through to serious people rather than help-deskers.


He chilled for a bit, drank his beer and we discussed music. He then left.


He returned about 20 minutes later with a small bag of green and a six pack.
I'll never slate tradies again. Or Optus Energy - They employ funny people.

2 Comments:

Blogger just me said...

Are you hiding?

11:03 pm  
Blogger Only me said...

Dont know what you mean for sure....

9:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home