Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It's only bin a day!

...and perhaps one of my neighbours is a secret reader of my blog?

Last night was Garbage bin night. Imagine my surprise to hear the sound of someone dragging a wheely bin inexpertly towards the street. In shock I ran to my window to see who'd actually managed to get their arse into gear to take their bin out for collection. I almost laughed when I saw someone dragging one of the recycle bins sideways across the shared yard area. Yes, sideways. Not on the wheels as a normal person would, but sideways. In addition to this display of idiocy it's not even recycle week. The "give away" is a lack of recycle bins up and down the street.

Me: [Opens window] "Hey, mate! You don't need to take that out today!"

Idiot: "But it's full"

Me: "Recycle week was last week. You've got to wait another week"

Idiot: "How come it's full already?"

Me: "Cos last week it was wedged to the side of our driveway when the recycle van went past. The other one is empty because I put it out on the street"

Idiot: "Oh. Why wasn't this one out too?"

Me: "I took the other one out, I started taking that one and then realised I was running late for work so I left it in the driveway for someone else to put out"

Idiot: "Oh. Well I'll put it out now"

Me: "But it wont get collected - there's no point. You'll just have to make do with the other one"

Idiot: "But this one is full. I'll put it out now and they can collect it next week"

Me: "So it'll just stand outside our house for a full week blocking the pavement until next Tuesday rather than remaining in our bin depot?"

Idiot: "Yeah."

Me: [shuts window]

I came home from work and collected my empy garbage bin from the street. Mine was the only garbage bin but there is one very full recycle bin still standing there...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home