Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

You wont get rid of me that easily...

Once again, my apologies for not posting for a while. This time I can truly blame circumstances beyond my control. You see, the local hospital does not provide in-bed internet connections and that's where I've been for a few days.

I felt a bit ill on Tuesday, got iller, went to the hospital, partook in:
  • Cardiogram tests
  • Ultra sonic tests
  • Ultra sound tests
  • Chest Xrays
  • Abdominal Xrays
  • CAT scans
  • Pre-surgical examination
  • Needles for 30+ blood samples
  • Needles for 10+ litres worth of IV drip (probably to replace all the blood they kept stealing - or perhaps to make up for four days of no food and extremely limited supplies (3 cups a day) of water)
  • Needles for Various drugs that couldn't be added to the drip solution
  • Needles for injecting me with radioactive tracer
  • Examinations by 20+ concerned and dedicated professionals

Now I'm home. And much better. To continue to annoy my enemies and delight my friends. Good job I'm better at annoying than delighting eh?

Although I'm now allowed to drink fluids normally again I don't think I dare because I fear I'd look like something out of one of those cartoons and suddenly start sprinkling water out of my abundance of needle holes. I went to a 7-11 store earlier and I'm sure the guy thought I was going to try and do a hold up because I look like a druggy with all the bruising in my veins.

On a serious note though, if you ever decide to get yourself ill, try and do it in Brisbane. The service from the surgeons, doctors, nurses, even the wardies was unfaultable. They are a true credit to their professions, their hospital and Australia. My most sincere thanks to all of you wonderful people.

Naturally I have managed to gather together a few things to tell you bloggy readers, but right now I'm pretty exhausted and I need to go to my own bed. Even though it doesn't have buttons to make it go up and down, tilt, recline, etc. To make up for this hardship I'm sure I wont be woken every 3 hours by a nurse wanting to check my coherence, vital signs and pain levels...


    6 Comments:

    Blogger dykewife said...

    i'm glad you're home and will ship some reiki energy your way. had i known you were ill in the first place, i would've sent some to you a whole lot sooner than now.

    2:34 pm  
    Blogger Jen said...

    Oh no! Glad you are home and feeling a bit better.

    5:58 pm  
    Blogger vuboq said...

    YIKES! Glad you are feeling better. *long-distance hugs*

    3:48 am  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Welcome back mate! Did they find out what was wrong? Did you have a cat scan and lab tests? Oh no, that's the vets, isn't it? :)

    re: the nurses waking you up every 3 hours. That's the price we have to pay for having such a charasmatic personailty, they just can't leave us alone!

    If I'd have known you were ill I'd have sent you some flowers to cheer you up. I'm sure you'd have great fun beating back the nurses at 4am with a bunch of daffodils and petunias. But it sounds as if they deserve more than flowers. Dr Acula also thanks the great Aussie docs and nurses for looking after the other demi-god of bollicles (I'll let you explain that one to your other readers).

    7:54 am  
    Blogger goblinbox said...

    What was wrong? Are you okay?!?

    3:02 pm  
    Blogger Only me said...

    dykewife: Thank you!

    DJen: Lots better thank you!

    Vuboq: You're a nice guy - despite what they all say about you.... ;)

    Dr Acula: When are you going to run out of these Dr Prefixed names?!

    Goblinbox: I had a broken nail. All manicured back to loveliness now...

    6:52 pm  

    Post a Comment

    << Home