Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Me the whore

Friday arvo

Office Manager: "Are you busy at all this weekend?"
Me: "Yup"
OM: "Oh. You know, it'd really help if you could stay an extra day to finish this off?"
Me: "I'm sure it would"
OM: "So you will?"
Me: "Nup"
OM: "I was planning to go away for this weekend but I'll stay and open the office if you stay another night"
Me: "I don't get paid extra for working weekends, I'm just a contractor"
OM: "How about staying until midday and I'll put a full day on your timesheet?"
Me: "I don't have enough clothes to stay another day"
OM: "Buy some - I'll put some extra hours on todays timesheet"
Me: "Same hotel? Lift to airport? Extended allowances for tonight?"
OM: "Yes! Please!"
Me: "Ok. But I'm going to work from the hotel for the rest of the today, I don't like this office"

So that's why I ended up staying another night in Gladdy. I'm just too nice. Or a whore. Yeah, whore is probably more accurate. I'm home now though.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home