Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Friday, August 17, 2007

BBQ!

Last night I was so tired I fell asleep. I awoke at 8pm and went out to find food. Gladdy was shut. All three restaurants shut by 8.30.

Honestly, if I'd wanted to paint this town red it would only have taken a bottle of nail polish.

I did call the guy collecting me in the morning though and told him to cancel. I said I'd get a taxi in about 8 instead. I was too tired to fancy getting up so early.

I had a leisurely morning and rocked up to the office about 8.30. At that point they asked if I'd had breakfast and I realised how hungry I was. I'd not eaten since, erm, day before yesterday. I told them I'd missed breakfast and they told me that was a good thing as they were having a proper aussie BBQ at 10.

It was fantastic! My first real aussie BBQ! Prawns, Barra, Chicken, Steak, Chops, Burgers, Snags, Salads, Breads.....

I was so empty it only took a little food to fill me but it was great. I really enjoyed it. Naturally, being a construction site there was no beer involved but that didn't matter.

Worked until 2pm when I was told that the office closed for the day so I needed to stay another day.

I had no drama with this apart from the lack of clothes. I'd only packed for a max of one night away. Then the site manager simply suggested I put 5pm on my time sheet and spend the extra $ on buying some more clothes. With one small amendment I accepted that offer. 7.30pm on time sheet.

I got back to the hotel and checked in again. I layed on my bed, looked around for the TV remote and then noticed a suitcase and some trainers on the side. I called reception and they moved me to another room with huge apologies.

A tiring but uneventful day really. Sorry for boring you with this but I do use it as my personal journal too you know? During the evening in particular I wished S was here because she would have loved the restaurant I went to. (Yeah, I went out before 8 tonight!)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home