Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Friday, October 05, 2007

The most "eh?" day at work for ages

I rocked on up to work this morning.

I was delighted to discover that most of my clients had decided to go for a long weekend and there was nothing to do. This blissfull scenario lasted until 3pm. I normally finish at 3.30 so the finish line for the weekend was in sight.

Then it happened.

Loads of clients that are usually my coworkers problems suddenly realised that the afore mentioned coworker was on vacation from today for the next 10 days. His problems have become my problems.

And they are bitches. Every last God damned one of them. Because I don't know them they don't know me, I can't be my normal obnoxious self. Eg. "Mate! It's friday arvo! Are you having a fucking laugh?"

As a result I've somehow committed to solving the three most pressing dramas over the weekend. The first needs to be done by midday tomorrow. It may take me 1 hour, it may take me 6. Either way be assured my timesheet will record at least double the actual figure. I'm entitled right?


2 Comments:

Blogger just me said...

are you still working on your coworkers work?

2:24 am  
Blogger Only me said...

Just me: Yup. The only plus side is that my timesheet is racking up HUGE numbers of hours. Soon I'll be rich. Yey.

5:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home