Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Beyond a joke

OK. This is getting silly now.

You know I told y'all a couple of days ago a set of keys appeared mysteriously in my garden?

Well. Now I have another set. Almost identical to the first set. Not quite the same, but very similar. What the fuck?

I had a stroke of inspiration a few moments ago and imaged this conversation occuring:

[two people talking on phone]
Stranger #1: "Where are my keys? You said you'd drop them over!"
Stranger #2: "I did! I left them in your garden!"
Stranger #1: "Bollocks did you! I've not seen them!"
Stranger #2: "Odd. Never mind, I'll drop another set over"
Stranger #1: "Make sure you do!"
Stranger #2: [drops another set of keys at the wrong house again]

But then I realised my logical explanation has 2 fundamental flaws:

a) Why would Stranger 2 have two sets of keys belonging to Stranger 1?
b) The keys are very similar but they're not identical.

Have I inadvertantly opened a key sancutary for unwanted keys? Is someone trying to frame me for burglaries I didn't commit? Should I go and try the keys in random houses so at least if I get arrested for a burglary I may make a plasma TV out of the whole deal?

On a *probably* unrelated note, one of my gnomes has been smashed. This has made me unduly sad. It was one of a pair, the first pair I ever bought for TT. Froggy and Froggo. Froggo is now minus 1 x head. I didn't realise I'd ever be sad about an ex-gnome. You don't realise how much you like some things until they've gone eh?



2 Comments:

Blogger goblinbox said...

Key sanctuary! LOL!

6:23 pm  
Blogger Only me said...

goblinbox: Someone at work suggested that a crow or magpie was dropping them off because they're sparkly. Then I pointed out they COLLECT shiny things, not DELIVER them. He didn't talk anymore....

5:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home