Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Getting sorted out

Although I had a rental inspection just last week and got a
glowing review this is partly due to my unconventional
tidying methods. These work by "tidying" all of my untidy
clutter in wardrobes, cupboards, etc with the intent of
sorting it out when I've got more time.

However, that "sorting" never seems to happen which
results in an avalanch of junk when I open the wrong wardrobe
door. It also means I can't find anything when I want to.

At the moment I can't find the adapter to plug my phone into
the PC.

I can't find my USB memory stick.

I can't find various pieces of essential paperwork.

Last night I finally took action. I went around the house
gathering up all the unfiled paperwork I could find and then
sat on the lounge floor for around two hours sorting it all
into piles ready to be filed in the appropriate folder.

The tragic thing about all this is that yes, I do have a filing
cabinet, folders, they're even labelled up. And I'm just too
lazy to put anything where it belongs.

Anyway, after two hours I had about 15 piles of paper work
all ready to be filed. I surveyed my work and thought "Wow,
I've been productive. That's a lot of sorting accomplished.
I wonder how much?" So I stacked the piles up together to
find out how tall the pile was. It was comparable to a white
pages phone directory.

Then I realised that I should have put the documents into
folders before stacking them because now they're all in one
giant heap again. Yeah, I are smart, me.

The tidying resumes tonight and I'll be going through the
carrier bags of "stuff" to find things like the little gift I
want to post to the UK, my memory stick, etc. And when I
find the phone adapter I'll be able to post some photos
again. Yey.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home