Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Friends

Mega day! We got up and b'day girls friends gave us a lift back to parents place. Waiting for us was a friend called J. He's brilliant. I was SO happy to catch up with him, his wife and 2 children. And what made it even better? He's planning to move to Brissy. Yup. Serious. They've already decided to move to Aus and his wife had a thought of going to Melbourne so he wanted me to tell her about Brissy.

My mum brought out the pictures I've been sending her and about 10 minutes later J's wifey was saying "Oh, I can't wait to move to Brissy J!" I think the clincher was a picture of Southbank and I said "oh yeah, that's the view I get from my office when I'm working in the city..."

We then took the kids to a play park with bar. Whoever came up with that idea must be a millionaire. Kids distracted - Piss on tap for parents. Genius.

During all the time we were busy drinking my other great friend was traversing the country by train to come and meet me. We got a call from him when he was about half an hour away so we decided to leave and go to collect him from the train station. J made me laugh by swerving into puddles to soak pedestrians. I'm so childish and he knows it. If the girls hadn't been there I would have.... nah, don't worry about it.

We picked up H from the train station and J & family had to leave. We went to a bar (shock!) and caught up for a bit. I stupidly drank strong beer. Lots of it. I didn't realise at the time S was counting. I don't want her to tell me what the final count for that day was - I'd probably feel obliged to donate my body to Sarsons....

Things we done:
Friends. Old and new. Fantastic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home