Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Mr Vuboqs questions

Mr Vuboq recently offered to continue a meme whereby he'd ask anyone 5 questions and they have to post it. I was in urgent need of some distraction so I asked him to send me 5. Here they are with my responses.

I guess I have to respond in a likewise manner, so if you'd like 5 questions just send me an email or leave a comment and I'll give you 5 things to think about!

1. How many countries have you visited? Which one was your favorite and why?


I'm a bit of a travel whore! Let's see, england, scotland, wales, north ireland, ireland, belgium, lux, nederlands, germany, france, norway, sweden, poland, hungary, czech republic, slovakia, slovenia, greece, turkey, cyprus, italy, spain, portugal, andorra, US, peru, tunisia, bolivia, japan, china, united arab emerates, australia, new zealand (north island only), malaysia, singapore. I make that 35 but it's more if I split the US into florida, texas, california, NY.

Many of them I've been to multiple times or even lived in (England, Wales, France, US, Aus). Of course, Aus is my favourite but I have to say that as I'm seeking residency! If you mean just a shorter term visit then probably France because it has such a wonderful diversity of regions.

2. If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, would we all have a Merry Christmas?

Mate, we'd be stoked! May I correct myself? People that like candy and nuts would be stoked. Diet consultants would be merry any time of year no matter whether they liked candy and nuts or not - all the new chubbies would be great for business.

3. What are your strongest and weakest personality traits?

Oooh. Good one. It's so hard to work out what you even mean! Do you mean the traits I have that show most strongly and weakly? Or do you mean the parts of my personality that show strength and weakness?

I think my warped sense of humour is probably the strongest thing either way. I tend to turn everything into a dry humoured joke but fortunately I generally keep it to myself in my strange little mind.

My weakest trait would be inappropriate nonchalence. I just don't give a fuck. See above :)

4. Your doctor tells you that you have 6 months to live. What do you do (after getting a second opinion)?

I so want to say "Please see Question 3, part b" But I wont. That would be cheating I guess? I have no fear of death hence my awful lifestyle.

The only thing I can think of is touring the world meeting my bloggy friends, catching up with other friends and I'd die with my wonderful family. My partner (choke) counts as family too. I'd want her to be with me too and I'm sure she would be.

5. What are you going to cook for your next Meat-free Monday meal?

That's a good idea. I must start partaking again. I've discovered these weird little yellow things I've never seen before that Aussies call "squashies". They're probably available everywhere but I've never seen them in the UK before. You just boil them and they taste beaut. So I'm going to invent a dish that involves them. I'm guessing they'll suck up spices really well so my final answer is: An uncommon dish known as "You beaut spicy squash surprise". How's that? Named the dish before I've even made it!

4 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

Thanks for playing!
I look forward to reading about your squash surprise dish!!!

*hugs*

1:58 am  
Blogger goblinbox said...

I sent your questions, but the email I sent bounced back with the error "No such user."

So here they are:

1. What distracts you the most?
2. Is honor dead?
3. How much is too much?
4. Are women and men even the same species, or totally not?
5. What impressed you most about the last book you read?

6:55 am  
Blogger dykewife said...

boiled squash? sounds rather bland.

you've never come to canada. tsk.

2:36 pm  
Blogger Only me said...

vuboq: I enjoyed playing. Sorry my answers weren't very well thought out. It was more about being distracted to be honest!

goblinbox: You're right! I never realised that email address doesn't work! Probably got shut down from lack of use. For future reference another one is 'dontfukabout@hotmail.com'. Thanks for the questions, gives me something to ponder this evening.

dykewife: I'd never tried them before and they were organic ones from the farmers market - I found them exciting! I really bet they'll suck up spice though so the next ones will have a kick.

Sorry I've not been to Canadania yet, I'm considering it in the not too distant future. Just recently I've formed a few friendships with people there. And my best mate lived out there for a while and still tells me how great it is.

10:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home