Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Oh my....

It's 8.55am on Saturday morning here in Brisbane.

I went on a bit of a severe drinking session last night. I just got up, went to the fridge to get some cool water and then to the freezer to get some ice. Sitting right at the front of the freezer was a chilli pepper.

I suddenly recalled what happened: Last night when I got back, for some reason that only total drunkeness can explain, I decided to take a bite of pepper. I thought "Fuck! That's hot!" and chucked it in the freezer to cool down for later...

Yeah, I really was that out of it.

But I did meet a really cool bloke. He was a professional voice over guy and could do impressions of anyone - his Homer and Marge Simpson were amazing! He could also do all of the regional accents from the UK. But you know the oddest thing?

He had no idea where I was from. He said I certainly sounded British but with a lot of Aussie influence. He figured I was from London and had Aussie parents. Wrong! Ha ha ha.

I've got to go. If you hear a loud bang within the next couple of hours it's probably my head exploding. I don't think I've had a hangover before. Don't like them.

3 Comments:

Blogger goblinbox said...

Frozen chili pepper. That *is* drunk! LOL!

Sometimes drunken logic is the best sort of logic there is. ;-)

6:26 am  
Blogger dykewife said...

drink water, a big glass of it, along with a couple of your favourite over-the-counter pain pills when you go to bed after a night of drinking. in order to aid your memory, before going out, fill a glass with water and put said pills beside it on your bedside table.

it'll help you to not get a hangover.

4:07 pm  
Blogger Only me said...

goblinbox: No mate, it just seems the best logic when one is pissy!

dykewife: I'd even manage to screw that up when I'm drunk. I'd probably wake up in the morning with pills rammed in my eyes and a glass up my arse thinking "What was that really obvious thing dykewife told me to do when I wake up in pain?"

9:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home