Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Panic

Last night tt got ill. It was awful. We've no idea what caused it. I was out on the patio playing with my laptop as the TV wasn't overly entertaining. I went in about 10 minutes later and she was asleep. I tried to wake her to tell her one of her favourite programmes was on TV. I couldn't wake her.

I bricked myself. She just couldn't be woken. I checked breath and pulse and although the pulse was weak it was regular and breathing was fine. I managed to get some eye flicker and got her up. She immediately fell over. I wanted to call emergency services and realised I didn't actually know the number for it over here. How terrible is that?

I tried 999 and 911. Neither worked. I got her up again and she seemed a little better. I wanted her to go to bed and she agreed but wanted to go loo first. I took her in, turned my back to try and find emergency number in the white pages and heard a crash as she fell of the toilet.

It was awful.

She regained the ability to talk and told me she felt ok but just couldn't keep her eyes open. I was desperate to call emergency services and was trying to get the number out of her. She just wanted to sleep.

I decided to let her sleep but keep a very close eye on her. I didn't dare go to bed for about 4 hours. I just kept checking her breathing and pulse.

This morning she couldn't remember anything about it. And she couldn't walk straight. She's never done drugs apart from passive cannabis and that was years ago. I'm so worried about her. She's had the day off work and I'm happy to say she's looking a lot better now. But it was so weird.

Things between us may not be perfect at the moment but I'll never stop loving her and this has reminded me once again how she's everything to me.

4 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

scary. she needs to go to the doctor to see what that was all about.

hope she's feeling better!

11:56 am  
Blogger dykewife said...

hospital, asap!!!

if you can't remember emergency numbers, or don't know them, press "0" for the operator and get her to connect you.

1:06 pm  
Blogger goblinbox said...

Holy shit, that's terrifying.

7:26 am  
Blogger Only me said...

vuboq: I'm trying to persuade her to do that, I've quoted you as further persuasion!

dykewife: I tried 0. No effect here in Aus. I've since discovered the number is 000. Why didn't I try that?

goblinbox: Panic certainly prevailed!

All: (couple of days later) Thank you all very much for your concern and comments. TT seems much better now. Although I'd still like her to see the doc and I'm still working on it.

2:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home