Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Please forgive me for being English

As always, when I'm traveling things are much better. Already I've forgotten about the teary farewells and now I'm where I belong - In limbo.

Met three people worth commenting about already (Excuse my rush, I want to get a smoke in before boarding and I just paid £6 to do this!)

First was girl on train, it was really busy so some poor sod had to share my table thing. It was a very attractive girl and as she sat opposite me she had a habit of putting her heels up onto the very lip of the train seat. This meant all her girl bits (although covered by underwear) were on display. I had trouble not looking, it's one of those magnetic things when you can see up a girls skirt isn't it?

It was bloody obvious enough, so I don't know why she was doing it. I'm not attractive or anything and she didn't look the slutty type. I decided to sleep before I embarassed myself as the voyeur to the exhibitionist.

I then had a huge problem in London whereby they'd closed one of the underground lines I needed to catch to get to Heathrow. There were diversions in place but badly sign posted. I asked a complete stranger, lady in her late 40's, if I was heading in the right direction. She was on her way to the same place as me and had done the diversion thing before. So she guided me and we chatted all the way. She was cool. She was an English teacher at a secondary school in Glasgow and she'd travelled lots.

The third person worthy of note was a complete tosser in the bar, here at the airport. I was going to post all about him but time is already running short. He was a complete wanker. So much so I've even taken a photo on my camera so that I can publish it when I get to a normal connection. I want you all to see his ugly face so that you can abuse him if you ever have the misfortune to bump into him anywhere in the world.

I suspect he's probably just flying to some shit hole in Spain that is doing cheap breaks because a man like that cannot possibly have the money, desire or ability, to travel anywhere decent. I suspect he collected vouchers from a shitty tabloid newspaper. Can you tell he annoyed me?

Sorry to be so negative towards a fellow human being, but he made me ashamed to be English, hence the title of this post.

Got to go now, I'll try and post from Kuala Lumpur. This blogging stuff is much more fun (easier to find content!) when I'm traveling. The last two weeks or so have been a real struggle because I've not been meeting anyone or doing my normal thing.

Hope y'all had a good weekend, will post again soon from Asia....

1 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

I don't know if I can forgive you for being English ... but I'll try!

Safe travels!

*smooch*

2:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home