Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Another day, another party

I've had a great day. Buzzing because it's just finished on a real high and I'm a bit pissy, listening to very loud music (I've got no neighbours to think about) and I'm happy. More tired than an sloth on cannabis, but very happy too.

I've just returned from a combined birthday/leaving party organised by my friends. Loads of good food, wine and company. Can't ask for any more than that can I? A couple of comments written in leaving cards were a little soppy which threatened to make me sad but all in all it was certainly an air of congratulations and good luck. We all know we'll miss each other, but we didn't dwell on that.

I'm looking forward to downloading the photos from the camera as I'm sure some of them will be pretty funny. The girlies said it was ok to post the pics on my "keeping in touch with family and friends" site, so I guess that means it'll be ok to put them on here too. You'll be able to finally see these people I talk about.

I got a letter from barclays bank today. They want details of my compensation claim. I've added up over £360 just in petrol and time. That's before we begin to consider telephone calls,inconveniencee, cancelling my car insurance twice, leaving me stranded in Aus with no money, etc. tee hee. It's gonna be good.

I've sent another letter to local council. They've gotten into the habit of paying my invoices as I send them now, and today they sent me a letter saying that due to a computer error (The hamster probably died, or the steam ran out) they've just noticed that I owe them £7 dating back to 2003.

I replied with a letter along the lines of "Well done sunshine, you really weren't in the queue when brains were dished out were you? Please find enclosed a cheque for £7 and an invoice for £25 - my standard letter sending fee as inspired by yourselves. Regards..." Cheque Please!

I've also virtually finished all customer work now. Although I've resigned from my directorship of a medium company here I still own my own consultancy company and I've spent the last week or so contacting all of my customers to see if they require anything (payable) and to let them know I'm going overseas and ensure that they have alternative arrangements if required.

I'm nice aren't I?

2 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

You are nice! When are you leaving? Can't wait to see the crazy party pics. I love those.

*smooch*

5:27 am  
Blogger Only me said...

Nice coincidence, that comment cam in just as I was catching up with your blog! I'm about to go out again(!) - I tell you what, if you ever want serious amounts of attention, tell everyone you're moving 10000 miles away!

I'll finish catching up with your blog upon my return, I'll only be a few hours, hope things are brightening up for you - I have a habit of reading posts in chronological order so I'm not up to date and I've got to out! Gah! It's akin to the feeling of missing the end of a TV show but feeling happy that you're recording it and can watch it later!

It's sunday that I'm off. My journey will begin about 14.30. It's the bit before that and the first hour on the train I'm dreading. Everything fine at the mo, way too busy to think. This is a mini post, sorry!

5:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home