Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Long. Mixed. And not a cocktail...


I'll now elaborate on the hints I left earlier.

(Some people find bad luck entertaining so I'll jump to this in the hope the endeavours of my ludicrous mid-morning entertains you enough to read the rest of my post. (How sad and desperate for readers am I?))

11 AM: Accident prone day. Oh, here we go, what a great one of these I've had! Forget about yesterday and the two near car accidents, today has been on a much more personal level! As I'm heading off soon I decided I'd better help parents with some of the little chores they've been hinting about recently. They're not old and incapable, but I'm younger and more capable. Allegedly.

Get this:

Job #1: Clear blockage from guttering of house.
Easy eh? Get step ladders, gloves and get to it. Done that. Got snagged on guttering as I jumped down, ripped off two sections of guttering. I'm a popular boy now...

Job #2: Trim the hedge in front garden.
Damn, that's not hard! Just got to make sure I don't cut through that power cord. Oh shit. Er dad.... [Thank fuck for emergency shut off thingy built into garden extension leads!]

Job #3: [Yeah, I was stupid to attempt another one, but I wanted to make it up to them] - Put some stuff up in loft (attic in US/Aus?)
I carry the box up the steps, no worries. I get into the loft. No worries. I step across 15 yards of roof joints, no worries. I hear dad call "Don't step on the big mirror, it's near the back!" I'll stop now, you can guess the rest.

Anyway, the brief reminders I left earlier are weird to look back on. I left them in such a strange order! I'll address them in proper chronological sequence now, starting with something I missed of the list entirely (And I'll skip 11 am thing now too. You've had your cheap laughs at my expense)

Silly o clock this morning(5am?): Check out this guys blog. In particular, scroll down a bit and read his multi-part account of a recent visit to Chernobyle. It's so well written it had me glued to the screen for a good while last night - as you'll notice by my frequent comments. Sorry Biffo, but on a plus note, we all like readers and maybe one or two of mine will read it. I think the ones at the top of my link list will enjoy. Even if it does take hours...

9 AM: Woke up about 9 having had a really randy dream about a girl I hardly know. That's not a good thing to happen when I'm about to relocate 10000 miles around the world to be with my true love is it? But to quote my girlfriend herself (although she doesn't know about this event) "We can't help what we dream about..."

Help?! Please?! I'm not about to cancel my plans, but any reassurance that dreams are not prophetic would really help. (This is the final point on earlier bullet list btw) Not going to talk about this anymore, it makes me go a bit cold. And hot at the same time)

11am: Not talking about this anymore!

14:00: Went to a car sales yard to get valuation on my car. What a spas. I'm so lucky, check this out, it made up for the accident prone period earlier:

Me: "Hi! I've been offered a company car so I can get rid of mine at last. Are you interested in buying it?"
Simple Man: "Um. My dad does the buying, I do the selling. But that looks great! I've sold 7 cars today and I could easily sell that"
Me: "Really? I've no idea what it's worth [this is honest], could you tell me?"
SM: "I'll get my valuation book....Hmmm....Lets see...It's XXXX but we have to knock off XXX because of high mileage. That means it's worth XXXX. I'd better put you onto my dad, that could be a great bargain for us!"
Me: [grinning]"You're being most helpful. Would you like to see the service history?"
SM: [looks at documents] "Wow! You've just had it serviced and they've fixed all the things we normally have to do ourselves! Dad will love this! And Vectra's are so easy to sell!"
Me: [Trying not to laugh] "So the high mileage isn't an issue?"
SM: "oh no, I've sold cars with three times that mileage, they're so reliable...."

I bet daddy never passes buying responsibilities over to him! Daddy is going to call me with an offer tomorrow based on what son has said. I can't wait for that!

1600: Went for a BBQ around LB's house. It's getting a bit sad going there now because it's pretty evident that both her and her lover are closer to me than I ever realised. And one of their other friends gave me a really cute card.

When she passed me the envelope I presumed it was a birthday card because it's my bday next [shit, this] week. But I opened it upon instance and it wasn't. It was a card with a cartoon pic of a girl on the front saying "I'm really sad you're leaving. But I can handle it in an adult and mature way..." and when you opened it the same cartoon girl was spouting tears and a massive "WAAAAAAAHHHH" caption. I felt shit.

I've really spouted on enough now. I'll tell you about the train tossers another time. They're a regular annoyance so I'll probably be prompted again tomorrow. Ditto for the political correctness thing.

On a radically different note, I've started another blog. One for family and friends that has little swearing, drugs or sex. You'd never guess I was a Gemini would you?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:40 am  
Blogger vuboq said...

remind me never to ask you to do any chores around my house ... that is, if you ever come to the DC/Metro Area.

And, Happy Birthday [in advance]

*smooches*

3:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home