Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Coffee can be confusing. Accidentally insulting blind people is bad

The day started out pretty funny - The colleague I mentioned in yesterdays post didn't understand the way the coffee dispensers worked in the breakfast bar. Doesn't sound much, but if you were there you'd piss yourself.

The coffee dispenser is like a mini-barrel with a tap underneath. It's a pretty simple matter to put your cup under the nozzle and press the button to dispense. But my colleague didn't notice the button so he picked up the whole thing and tried to pour the coffee from the top of the barrel thing instead.

He poured himself a cup of coffee and a small lake too. The best bit was when he noticed a look of aghast on the coffee-cup-wielding customer next to him and offered to pour theirs too. The ladies jaw dropped and she shook head in rapid declination. Ungrateful sod eh? Who wouldn't want scolding coffee poured all over their hand straight from a barrel?!

We got to our stand at the exhibition and found a competitors stand un-manned. We pinned our remaining steel sheet fragments all over their stand. We're so grown-up....

The downpoint of my day was when two young ladies turned up at our stand. I asked if I could help them. One of them looked at me indignantly and said "Do you sell anything that can help my friend?" I asked "Well, what are you looking for?" The other one responded "I'm blind...." Oops. Sorry, really am. Didn't realise.

I felt so guilty, but honestly there was no way to tell, she wasn't carrying a white stick, dog, or anything.

We'd parked the van on the grass outside so that we could load up quick when the thing closed. It was easy to find because it was right next to the huge sign that said "Please do not park on the grass". I was going to run over the sign but my colleague advised me against it. Woos.

We got away about 5.30pm which was bloody early, and home by 11pm. Sorry this post has been so boring, I've missed out a fair bit, including the "losing of the credit card after filling up tank with fuel" incident and stuff like that. Something to look forward to eh?!

6 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

steel bedsheets sound extremely uncomfortable. I can't wait to read about your experience with them!

11:19 pm  
Blogger Only me said...

ok smartarse, I've corrected the spelling now - it was very late!

11:55 pm  
Blogger vuboq said...

*giggle*

12:51 am  
Blogger Jay said...

At least you know that the blind girl won't recognise you next time she doesn't see you.

...

Yes, I KNOW I'm going to hell.

10:47 am  
Blogger vuboq said...

ok. you've changed everything and now my comments make no sense. that was mean.

the coffee dispenser story made me laugh.

10:36 pm  
Blogger Only me said...

Jay: I've consigned myself to hell too. See ya there...

VUBOQ: I'm sorry, I accidentally overwrote the original post rather than just adding a new one. I'm new to this blog thing, I promise I'll not meddle with a post once someone has commented on it in future!

3:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home