Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Annoying radio stations, Emergency sirens and Audi drivers



First and foremost: See the picture to the left? Do the horizontal lines go up or down? Before your eyes start doing turns, go and get a rule. It's weird.


The thing that's annoyed me most today - RDS. Radio Data System. EON. Extended Other Network. Does this mean anything to anyone? It's the highly testicle technical term for the annoying bulletins than can cut in on your car stereo. The idea is that they interrupt your radio or CD with important travel information.

Unfortunately, boring local DJs use this as a method to try and get extra listeners. I was driving along earlier, quite happily singing along (yeah, I was on my own!) to my Queen CD when suddenly the music stops and I'm listening to Farmer John giving a monologue about dairy farming. I hit the TP button which returns me to my CD.

2 minutes later "I want to break free" is rudely interrupted by BBC Radio Suffolk traffic wench who gives this important bulletin: "I'm happy to report that the regions roads are incident free! There are no reported problems so your journey should be interrupted...." Bloody what?! You interrupt every driver in the area to tell them there are no problems? Thanks wench, you're a treasure.

10 minutes pass before BBC Radio Norfolk kicks in to tell me it's sunny out and no rain is expected. I look at the clear blue sky and think to myself "No shit Sherlock, did you go to university for your meteorology qualification? Or did you just look out of the window and decide to state the fucking obvious?"

I'm glad the TP feature can be turned off.

The other thing that really annoyed me was the driver of a big silver Audi. I was driving along a road and in the distance I could see blue lights coming in by direction, ambulance or fire engine or something like that. Knowing that the road was quite narrow ahead I decided to pull over and wait for a few seconds so that they'd be able to pass me easily.

The Audi guy decided that I was in his way so he overtook me. I don't know if he had a vision and hearing impairment or whether he was just lacking common sense/decency. Probably the latter. I sometimes think Audi dealerships make you trade in your common sense before they'll sell you one of their cars.

Man: "I have a really small penis and would like a car to make up for this fact - can you help?"

Dealer: "Aaah, the wooshy one. A fine choice sir, and only £30000. Please take your common sense and cash to reception where we'll exchange it for some bad attitude and the keys..."

Sorry to any Audi readers, I'm sure there must be some exceptions to the rule.

Incase you can't tell, it's not been the most exciting day. But this makes a nice change from talking about lesbian parties with lots of sex opportunities doesn't it? Sorry if you prefer the lesbian things, I just have to prove occasionally that I can be normal!

4 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

Of course it counts :-)

thanks for "participating" no matter how unintentionally in Meat-free Monday.

*Meat-Free Monday smooches* (on Tuesday)

10:15 pm  
Blogger Only me said...

Incase anyone was wondering, the comment above is from the author of VUBOQ - A pretty entertaining site now featured in my link section - Go on, give him a look...

12:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

4:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just would like to give you a big thumbs up for the excellent information you have right here
on this post. I am returning to your site for more soon.

my weblog - diet plan to lose weight

2:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home