Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Pimp my GBM


Not "Gay Black Man" Mr V and you know it. Every time I type GBM I chuckle now.

Well, there are 6,602,224,175 people in the world and only 7 are attending the very first Global Blogger Meetup - March 15 - 18 2008, Washington DC, US. Although I've not asked, I'm stealing content from the V man to give you a run down:

Finally, I've been working on a Global Blogger Meet-Up schedule of events ... this is all tentative, but here goes:

March 15 (Saturday): Dinner at
Mandalay in Silver Spring followed by VUBOQ's All Star Dessert and Vodka Birthday Party! (I suggested the vodka infustions, we're going pistacio and hairy ball (coconut of course)

March 16 (Sunday): Sight-seeing in beautiful Washington, DC. Sangria and tapas at
Jaleo! Possibly clubbing at Cobalt! [Although I'm not sure how fun it is on a Sunday night. I will check.] We're going to cobalt. Has been decieded :) Gay bar! Gay Bar! Gonna take you to the Gay Bar! Yey!

March 17 (The Best Day of the Year): Afternoon Margaritas and Spinach Enchiladas at Alero, followed by a (smallish) Chili Party at the hacienda.
I've promised Mr V brekky in bed. He's so lucky. I'm cooking it, 2c is taking it - it's a joint effort and I dont trust shielas to cook.

March 18 (Tuesday): Sight-seeing in beautiful Washington, DC (for those people who aren't leaving) ... or just blobbing around the house knitting, drinking, and eating leftovers.This is, of course, subject to change, but it gives you a general idea of the festivities, no? Sounds fun?

We've enlisted Asians, Canadanians, Americans, Europeans, Quasi-aussies, Boys, Girls, Gays, Straights and Bi's to come along for your social enjoyment. Why aren't you coming? You know it's gonna be awesome.

So far we're clocking up 27412 airmiles so our carbon footprint aint so hot, but hell....It's gonna be awesome fun as we'll match that figure in litres of alcyhols consumed...

If you're coming then let me know asap, if you're not then I'll need a letter from your parents explaining why not. You've been warned.

Dont forget, I'm "ENTERTAINMENT MANAGER" for the event so we're all gonna have lots of fun. And you get a free t-shirt! And I'm working on getting a karaoke event shoe horned in! Talking of T shirts, I need to speak to the 6 other special attendees soon, so keep tuned.

Have an awesome weekend people :)

10 Comments:

Blogger Only me said...

My brother isn't coming to GBM :(

So sad.

But, he may be coming to see me in Aus later in the year so Yey!

12:39 am  
Blogger vuboq said...

Guess what? Cobalt apparently has karaoke on Sunday nights. Eek.

1:18 am  
Blogger Two Cents said...

Entertainment Manager now? hehehe.. You are giving yourself all the good jobs!!

I have dibs on T-Shrits. Esp Only Me's. It will involve a rainbow target on the heart and an arrow to his arse. "Come and get it!!"

Muahahaha

2:57 am  
Blogger Two Cents said...

Oh! Karaoke :D

Sounds like fun! We'll have to make a night of that in the mix :)

2:59 am  
Blogger Only me said...

Mr V: That's tremendous news! Yay!

2c: On your knees and suck it princess

2c: I'm torn between queen, greenday and eminem Mocking bird....

4:49 am  
Blogger Two Cents said...

How aboot "It's Raining Men"

oooh!! Dirrrty talk baby!

5:24 am  
Blogger Only me said...

2c: You're only doing thing cos I keep promising to slap your arse for being a rude girl. Well. The tables have turned miss. Keep this attitude up and you get NO arse slapping at all. Ha. That's gotcha eh?

8:41 pm  
Blogger Two Cents said...

HA!

"I'm hard yet soft, I am coloured yet clear, I am fruity and sweet. I am jelly. What am I?

...

Ye know too much!!!!"

8:43 am  
Blogger goblinbox said...

HEY NOW. I can cook you under the table, little boy!

Don't trust sheilas to cook. Gawd.

;-)

8:19 am  
Blogger Only me said...

Gobbo: You should be able to - you're older and more experienced ;) Lots of loves, "little boy" x

10:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home