Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Pigs and breaking people

I've never been much of a TV show fan other than the Simpsons and a few other more obscure British comedies but Aus does have a couple of good ones. A few weeks ago they begun a series called "Australian Princess" where a group of 'typical' aussie girls were chosen to participate in a challenge culmanating in going to a Ball in the UK with a prince. When I say 'typical' aussie girls, most of these were chosen because the producers could tell they'd make great viewing.

There was Kylie (you'd never guess would you?) who was a proper boganette. She was way up there, yelling "G'Day Mate!", belching, farting, drinking beer and doing all that sort of stuff.

There was a dimwit, there were some ugly ones, there were some boring ones, and most importantly (to me) there was a Pig Farmer. Her name was Kate and she was butt ugly. I always have trouble with names but I was a real fan of this girl, I thought she was so funny. Because I couldn't remember her name (I had to look it up to write this!) I just called her "Pig". I'd cheer "Go Pig!" whenever she was talking. TT found this most amusing and we both immediately christened the show "Pig Princess". However, this is one of those habits that has stayed. We now refer to most shows through the use of Pigs somehow. "Border Patrol" is "Border Pigs", "Serious Crash Unit, or SCU" is now "Crash Pigs", etc.

So, the brand new series of Austrlians "Biggest Loser" started last night. You can imagine what we've called it can't you? Incase anyone doesn't know, "Biggest Loser" is a challenge where 14 overweight people are chosen to stay in a house together for a month or so and they are professionally everyday to get them to lose weight. It's not all exercise, there's also food education and challenges. The teams winning the challenges get treats and the others get punished. Each week the teams have to vote someone out of their own team, so to stay in every person must do their best to lose weight. It's a great show.

Well, I got to work this morning and someone asked me whether I watched any TV last night. I instantly replied "Yeah! New series of Fat Pigs! It was great!" After a split second initial shock period during which I realised what I'd said there was hoots of laughter from all around the office. I tried to explain but there was no chance. I'm sure it will be forever known as "Fat Pigs" to everyone in this office now. I have a Legacy...

Anyhoo, one of the personal trainers on Fat Pigs is really funny. She works the guys and gels so hard. Last night she had one guy on a treadmill until he was spewing. She just dragged him over to a plant pot and said "You. Spew in there, it's just the toxins coming out of your system. When you're done spewing get back on that treadmill, ok? I'm off to break another one..."

I'm very much in that mood today. Basically the techy nerds from the other building done something after I left on Friday that stopped the database working properly. So, inspired by the words of Fat Pig Trainer, "I'm off to break someone..."


2 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

Very good article, I prepared a very good gift for you ... I actually I have, and I hope to get it mailed tomorrow!

*smooches*

11:40 pm  
Blogger Only me said...

Vuboq: Appreciate it mate! It can't be any better than the high class Aussie gift I sent you for Kritmas ;)

5:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home