Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Friday, January 26, 2007

My first Australia day

Australians have lots of public holidays. Today was the first one since....ooh, 25 days ago? It was my first Australia day.

I've been feeling sorry for TT all week because I know she's been worried about me since the collapsing incident over the weekend. I'd been promising to make a Doctors appointment all week but somehow geuinely didn't get around to it. Besides, I'm pretty sure it was dehydration / bad food combo. I had a plan to get her some gnomes as a surprise from a large shopping centre called Garden city. But as it's a public holiday we weren't sure about going all the way out there only to find most of the shops shut. So instead we went to the city and I decided to suprise her there instead / aswell.

Firstly we went to a shop called the "Tree of Life" which sells all sorts of New Age stuff. I like "Tree of Life". I bought some incense and pretended to be uninterested while TT oohed and aaaghed at some earrings she really liked but didn't want to spend $50 on. I made a mental note.

We then went to the Myer centre which is a huge department store in a Mall of the same name. She took a pile of clothes to the changing rooms to try on. The first was a dress and it made her look beautiful. Again though, she didn't think it was worth the money and retreated back into the changing room to try on the next item. While she was doing this I spoke to the lady assistant responsible for taking away the tried on clothes. I told her to take away the dress and put it aside and that I'd be back later to pay for it.

She tried on some other clothes and ended up buying a couple of tops. I then told her that I needed an hour to get some stuff myself. I went back to both stores and bought the earrings and dress, legged it home, stashed them under the bed and caught the bus back into the city. Mission accomplished in 55 minutes. Although she still told me I was late of course. Boys always are aren't they?

We then went and done some food shopping and I made a point of ensuring we had everything needed to cook her breakfast in bed. Watched some movies at home, went to bed quite contented although still being questioned about what I'd bought until I dozed off.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home