Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Party before Kritmas

We've been invited to a party! Fellow blogger Helen has invited us to a pre-christmas party at her place down on the Gold Coast. It was a struggle for the little car but we made it at last.

Helen had asked everyone to contribute some kind of food for the event and I'd been looking forward to cooking some stuff. However, following the cooking of the Christmas puddings the stove top was still kaput. The oven was working ok, but just about everything I cook involves the use of the stove top too.

So, to make best of the situation I made a sticky toffee pudding which I baked at home. I couldn't make the toffee sauce as that involved stove top. So I took all the ingrediants to Helens and made the sauce there. I also made some Sangria while there which consisted of vodka (much), red wine (about a gallon), ginger beer (some) and orange juice (remainder) with loads of fresh fruit chopped up and chucked in.

Yes, we got drunk. Yes, I'm sorry. Was an excellent party though! Jenga is the best at these drunken occasions innit?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home