Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

The South America Story

As promised about a million ago (it's a busy time this festive season, innit?) I'll update you on the new years travel plans:

I'm due to finish my 6 month contract with "well paying company" around 20 Feb. However, on a previous visit to Australia, before I even realised I would be moving here, TT and I booked a tour of SA.

So now I have to finish on the 16th of Feb instead but that's no big drama really is it? At least, I hope not, because in a post I'm yet to write, they've offered to extend my contract.

But anyhoo, this tour commences in Peru. We have to get our own way there. So far we've got two flight options we're looking at. One goes via Chile, the other via the Falkland Islands. As the Falklands are British I'm not sure I'll get a passport stamp. So I'm not keen. It's all about using up passport pages you see?

Chile sounds much better and it adds another "proper" country to my "visited" list. Saying I've been to the Falklands is a bit like saying I've been to Wales, or Scotland. They're all the same really aren't they?

If this was a popular blog that comment would probably get me killed but I am (at least) semi-justified. Firstly, TT is Welsh, secondly, many of my family are Scot. Those that aren't Scot are Irish. Dad completes the mix by being English so I'm probably the truest Brit possible. So cease widya bitchin' innit boyo?

So, after our trip via Chile we're starting in Peru, Lima. Then we take a mix of internal flights, buses, taxis, trains, etc to visit: Nazca Lines, Colca Canyon, Cuzco, Sacred Valley, INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU, Lake Titicaca. We then head off to Bolivia for some rain forest and end up in La Paz.

Then it's a bit open ended. The bits above are pre-arranged but from this point on we have no plans. We're planning on heading over to Brazil and probably just chill out in Rio d.j. for a bit. I've been there before and it's a good chilling area.

After that we're back to Aus and then I'm flying almost immediately to Europe. Visit with family and stuff for a week or so, then back here and back to work. Gotta pay the bills some how eh?

Hoping to catch up with some Europe bloggies about late March though, hint hint.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home