Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Aussie wildlife. Again.

For the last few weeks I've acquired two friends in my mini rain forest outside the house. One is a gekky (Loud clicky lizard thingy) that turns up every evening and clicks on the wall next to me while consuming bugs.

Because of his excellent bug eating qualities I like him. I just wish he'd get throat cancer or lose his sex drive so that he didn't click so loudly.

The other friend is a Possum. He seemed great. He'd go swinging around the trees making smashing noises and occasionally accidentally choose a palm tree. These occasions would make me laugh because he's unable to grip a palm tree and he'd fall out. He'd land on the floor, look at me as though it was all my fault and then piss off again.

This was fine. Acceptep protocol. Until the other day. He climbed out of the trees and landed on the tin roof that shelters part of our out door area. Bemused by this change in event I watched him. He walked (or is it ambled?) along the edge of the roof then paused above me.

I expected some kind of gesture from the animal. After all, he seemed to have made the effort to get close to me. Guess what he done then? I don't need to tell you do I?

Let's just say I was suddenly wet. Yes. Fucking WET. Shitting pissing fucking Possum! They're almost at the top of my list of despised animals now. Defintely top of the "CUTE LOOKING BUT BASTARDS" category as I had to make that cat up just for him.

I hope all the other bastard animals gang up and poison/eat/burn/entomb him. Bah.

Merry Christmas all....I'm off to Surfers Paradise in the morning to meet other QLD blogger(s). Yey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home