Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside....

As today was our last full day with the piece of shit hire car we decided to head up the coast. We decided to visit a place called Noosa which is about a two hour drive to the north of Brissy.

As the road is relatively flat we made reasonable progress. On the way we passed some very jagged mountains called The Glasshouse Mountains. I've passed them before and last time I decided I'd like to explore them the next time I drove by.





As the car has about as much guts as a mummie I decided that today probably wasn't the best time to do it, so it's still in my To Do list. Noosa was absolutely chockablock full of tourists. I think that we probably used more petrol driving around looking for somewhere to park than we used getting there.

We were planning on walking through the Noosa National Park rainforest because apparently there are lots of secluded beaches around the coastline that can only be reached on foot.





However, the 30+ temperature quickly convinced me that that was a stupid idea. A beach is a beach eh?

So instead we wandered through the main town and stopped at a Hogs Breath cafe for some lunch. Hogs Breath are another chain, and I think American Steakhouse would be the fairest description. I'd never been to one before but I've been looking forward to trying one.

The waitress that showed us to our table appeared to be about 12 years old. As soon as we were seated and she'd gone to fetch menus TT and I both looked at each other and said in unison "She's about 12!". A short while later another waitress came to take our order. No word of a lie, she was even younger than the 1st. I'd guess about 10. We didn't think she'd be able to take an order for beers but it didn't seem to bother her.

We then noticed that the kitchen was open plan and for some reason we weren't overly suprised to see that their appeared to be only one adult watching the kitchen and a bunch of kids were doing the actual cooking.

The food was well cooked and although I didn't like mine it was due to my taste preference rather than it being badly cooked - I just found the BBQ Hickory sauce way to sweet for my liking.

As we left a young mother was pushing a pram into the establishment. Any other time I would have assumed they were going for a bite to eat. Today though I couldn't help but wonder if the baby was perhaps applying for a job as as overall manager or something.

Noosa was certainly nice enough but it does seem to attract way too many trendy and beautiful people. We felt very out of place.




After driving back to Brissy we picked up our friends and took them back to our place for the consumption of christmas pudding and mucho beeros and vino collapso. The Simpsons drinking game went very well. Can you believe that a bunch of adults played Simpsons Uno for about 4 hours without stopping? Well, the beer and wine helped.

I why didn't I have the cunning idea of rigging the cards beforehand? It would be so simple to make it look like an accident. Do I have to corrupt everything? Well, yes, I guess I do...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home