Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Not a lot of news...

One good thing about cheap shitty little cars with tiny engines - they use virtually no fuel. We've done around 1000km this week and I'm sure we've only put in about $60 of fuel. Is that possible?

We dropped the car off without incident and the lady at reception asked whether I'd had any problems. I confirmed that all had been OK and that I was forever in their debt for ensuring I never ever get tempted to buy one of those particular cars.

The car hire place is next door to one of the most famous hotel in Australia. The Breakfast Creek Hotel. I don't know whether I've mentioned this before or not, but in Australia most hotels are not hotels at all. Well, not to poms like me anyway. I expect a hotel to be a building consisting of bedrroms to stay in. Over here most hotels are in fact just pubs.

When Ieave my house to walk into the city I pass QA Hotel, Waterloo hotel, Hotel Bravo, The Elephant and Castle Pub, and The Royal Geroge Hotel, Express Hotel and the Orient Inn. Out of all these the only one that lets out rooms is the Elephant and Castle pub.

Anyhoo, the Breakfast Creak Hotel is of course a pub rather than a place to stay. This has some information about it. We had a couple of beers and then after stealing some beer mats we wandered home.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home