Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Drama at work

This weekend I partook in Mr Vuboqs first annual chili-fest. And much fun was had by all. But firstly I must tell you about this.

As any regular reader will know I'm currently working in a different office to the usual one. I've been sent to a satellite office and life here is much better fun than at the HQ. But I still have to visit HQ once a week or so, and I'm still part of the email group. Today I received an email that had been sent to all staff. Here's what it said:

"To: All staff at XX office
Re: Security alert
Priority: Critical

Dear All,

Recently one of our staff at YY office [about 1400km away] took some time off work due to stress and nerve problems. His condition has since worsened and over the weekend he called several senior managers of that office and threatened them with extreme violence. The man claims to be armed with a hunting rifle and a pistol. These threats were taken seriously and the police have been informed. Additionally, security guards have been hired to patrol the building and grounds.

This however has unsettled the man further and he has since communicated wishes to kill or injur as many company employees as possible. He has also intonated that he is on his way to our Brisbane office. Again, we have notified the police and hired guards to patrol this building and grounds.

Until the man is captured we urge all employees to be extremely vigilant in ensuring that all doors and windows are locked. We also recommend spending as little time outside the building as possible. Police have notifed airport staff but there is a strong possibility that he could drive. Please see attached photographs of the employee and his last known vehicle.

If you are approached by this man or sight him please notify police immediately and also the manager of this office.

Finally, we thank you for your tolerance and remind you that this man is ill. Our priority is the protection and safety of all staff while encouraging the individual to undertake appropriate medical treatment and rehab.

Yours,


HR Officer"

Hmmm. Not a very normal thing to happen is it? And guess who was scheduled to visit HQ today? Yep, of course it would be me wouldn't it? I sent an email saying that I wouldn't be there because I'm looking forward to my holiday too much to be shot today - it'll just have to wait until I come back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home