Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Not very exciting news I'm afraid

Just wanted to let you know I've put some more updates on the other part of this website. I've pretty much recorded the month of May 2005 and left it just as we're about to head of the the greek island of Santorini. Real travel starts soon!

Can't wait to write about that, but it's bloody hard work as I'm doing it all from memory. Anyhoo, the archive links somewhere on this page will take you back to May 2005 if you care to. I've written my next post for this but I'm too tired to read through it and publish it...

I'm really happy that it's the weekend, I'm KNACKERED!

2 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

I love the word "knackered."
You British-types have the best slang EVER!

12:23 am  
Blogger Only me said...

Vuboq: It gets me into trouble sometimes over here. When I say I'm going outside for a fag they think I'm off to have sex with someone.

And my love of the word "Ming" to describe all things bad is also troublesome. I nearly choked on my lunch today when someone said "Did you see that new cookery programme last night? It was great! It was called 'Simply Ming Cooking'..."

And of course, to re-iterate my Britishness and to take the piss out of Londoners and Essex boys I feel obliged to say "innit?" wherever I can. It's going round the office like wildfire. I heard someone order some paper from the stationary guy earlier.

He asked why she needed another ream and she replied "Well, cos the other one's gone. Innit?" Again I had to supress laughing as I walked by. It just doesn't sound right with an Aussie accent.

But I must put my hands up to picking up theirs too. Nothings too much "drama" now, everything is "too easy mate" Slang is wonderful.

1:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home