Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Woman logic


TT: I'm hungry

Me: "No worries, I'll cook you something, what do you fancy? Stiffado? Irish Stew? Lasagne?"

TT: "Nah, they all take ages."

Me: "Ok, how about rissotto? Or a quick curry?"

TT: "No, I don't want you to cook, you've been busy"

Me: "How about we go out for something then?"

TT: "Where?"

Me: "Well, there's that Indian we've been meaning to try, there's the Brazilian place we love, there's the restaurant at the end of the road that does everything"

TT: "Hmmm. I don't fancy going out"

Me: "Right. I'll get our pile of take out menus...Let's see, Chinese, pizza, Thai, Indian, kebabs, fish and chips, Mongolian, burgers..."

TT: "But I want you to stay here with me"

Me: [Gnnagh!!] "Ok. No probs....right, these ones do delivery"

TT: "They'll take ages and they'll probably not be able to find us. And you have to spend a minimum amount for delivery"

Me: "Oh bloody hell! I give up!"

TT: "Don't be cross with me, I'm hungry...."

We didn't argue about it or anything, but I did feel pretty exasperated by it. I wonder what else I could have possibly suggested to resolve the problem. The only thing I didn't say is the one thing that probably would have led to arguments: "Well get up and find yourself something to bloody eat then!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home