Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

From Jay - the newly employed

This has been due to:

a) New job.

b) Getting pissed to celebrate new job.

c) Lack of internet access. The owner of the wireless router moved out.

d) Being held in a detention centre over night subsequent to assaulting a senior staff member of X Insurance

Fortunately,

a) The first day was today and it went fantastically well. I've got to slow down though, otherwise the contract won't last me until the South American tour and as I'm on an hourly rate it's in my own interest to work slowly.

b) I went out to sign contract with new boss last night and got him utterly pissed. Good to have something like that under your belt before you even start. He looked so ill this morning. I laughed lots. He was so pissed after two hours he gave me his credit card, told me the PIN and asked me to go and pay. Lol. TT wasn't impressed with me though. Can't imagine why...

c) We've ordered our very own broadband tonight. Can't handle lack of access / slow access anymore!

d) Only joking. I called TT and told her that I was about to have words with her supervisor. She told me just as he got out of the elevator that he's about to go on holiday for three weeks! She thinks she can handle working there for that long without him being a prick to her, and that will enable her to use the perk of half price insurance when I get a car during the next week or two. So I agreed to hold off until then. Looking forward to it though.

In other news VUBOQ has sent me an email telling me he's posted me some goodies from US. Including some of TT's favourite candy. I've promised to send him in return something tacky and Australian. He collects tacky tourist stuff apparently. Crocodile tooth perhaps? A T-shirt with the caption: "My friend went to Australia and all I got was this shitty T-Shirt"?

Queen St Mall has several touristy shops so I'm planning on going there. I've already got a good idea similar to above, but at least it will be made in Aus rather than printed in China.

Got to go now, had early start and got another tomorrow.


2 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

You had me going for a minute with that detention centre story. MEAN! but funny.

I hope the package arrives in one piece. I forgot to include a note ... sorry. Let me know if you have any questions about the cornbread mix.

*smooch*

11:00 pm  
Blogger Only me said...

Sorry for being mean!

You know I'm not dumb enough to get detained - I'd threaten to tie them up in so much red tape their great grandchildren would look still be looking like christmas parcels...

I think the parcel arrived today btw, we got a note saying something too big for the mailbox couldn't be delivered so we've got to collect it on Monday from the PO. Thank you!!!

(Either that or someone else has tracked me down and sent a bomb or something...)

11:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home