Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

I wasn't going to post but I'm feeling corny...


The ever wonderful Mr VUBOQ sent me a gift and it arrived today! Well, it arrived yesterday but we only got a note in our mail box then informing us. TT went and collected it this morning and when I opened it she turned into the happiest girl in Brisbane.
Not only had he sent her favourite peanut butter m&m's but also dark chocolate ones, which she also loves and I don't think they sell in Aus.

For me he included three packets of "Jiffy corn muffin mix" Hence me being so corny. I can't wait to try it out. The box includes several reciped ideas plus a website for more. I'm going to be corned out by the weekend.

Except no! That's the other thing I wanted to share. I'm going on another blogger meet up! It's Helens birthday and she kindly invited us to join her for a birthday dinner.

We're still discussing arrangments at the moment, because we don't yet have our own transport and it's a bit of a distance to get to. But we really want to go and I'm sure we will, even if we have to leave early to get back home. H kindly offered to let us stay the night but as we both have work the following morning it can't really happen. Shame.

But anyway, the gist of this post was thanks Mr Vuboq and thanks Helen. I've had a day very influenced by people that were completely unknown to me 6 months ago! It's an odd feeling but there we go. I wonder if this internet thing is finally catching on....(!)

Oh, and final thing (I promise), I just broke the security gate. Not on purpose of course, I was just bringing the bin in and the gate sort of fell off. I tried to fix it and it fell off some more. I've tried to hide it in my rainforest so that they don't accuse me of breaking it. If they can't find the body then there's been no murder of the self-locking gate. I didn't do it.

Under cover of darkness tomorrow night I'll recover it from my rainforest and lean it against ex-dead-now-malaria-neighbours door to make him look guilty. That'll work...wont it?

2 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

YAY! I'm glad it arrived in one piece without cornbread mix spilling all over the place.

1:20 am  
Blogger Only me said...

Vuboq: Although it hadn't spilt at all Australia government still found it suspicious enough to open! Honestly, they'd torn it open and sellotaped a leaflet to it called "Food stuffs that may not be posted to Australia".

All seemed to be there though. Apparently when I used to send stuff to TT from the UK that would happen all the time and she'd only end up with one packet of sweets when I'd sent 12!

Thanks again though, really appreciate it. Can't wait until the parcel I sent you turns up, you're gonna love it. I hope!

11:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home